Sunday, October 21, 2012

Landing Page Test - Blog Post Assignment


    • What could you test to improve?

First of all, I think there are some obvious shortcomings involve in this landing page. The search button is too small and not functional. No recommendation at all at landing page, also lack of promotion advertisements. Besides that, too much words on this page with no extruded points to catch people’s attention. Some important information like feature video is located in the corner of the page. To improve this page, I will combine A/B test with MVT test. A/B test will used to contrast the old page with the improved one. MVT test will used to measure the value of each button or part of the page. And then, decide to put the most important parts to the most significant place.

    • What improvements would you recommend?

I will say, make the search button stand out and provide optional button to help people choose the different function of the products. Besides that, put the feature video and using video at the middle of the page. Place advertisements and promotion advertisements on the landing page to guide people choosing.

    • How would you test your recommendations?

First, I will use A/B test. I will use the primary website and the new website to compare the effects of each one. During A/B test, I will also using MVT to analysis the effects of each change. At last improve the website B to reach the best effect.

    • Why did you pick these methods and what do you expect from the tests?

                         I think A/B test is the easiest and direct way to see the effects of each website but the information it provide is too simple and few. So I need specific analysis to help me improve the detail of the website, so I combine A/B test with MVT test to get full-scale information and data to support my improvement become the best.

 

1 comment:

  1. Seems search button difficult to find a common problem for many sites. Nokia official website also has this problem.

    ReplyDelete