Sunday, October 21, 2012

Effect of Usability on Website Performance - Blog Post Assignment


  1. Talk about a recent experience you've had with trying to use a company's website. Feel free to share screenshots and explain elements that were particularly bothersome (and why). In a blog post, explain:
    • What were you trying to do?
    • How easy was it to do what you were trying to do?
    • What would have made it easier?
    • How did your experience impact your perception of the company?

When you're finished with your post:

5.                   Click the link above to submit the link to your blog post.

6.                   Post a link to your blog post on the Effect of Usability on Website Performance discussion board for Module 6.

7.                   Comment on your peers' posts.

 Answear:

8.                   What were you trying to do?

The website that really bothers me is EBay. I usually buying, bidding or selling stuff at that website.

Every time I click “my eBay”, The page show up as follows:


 

 The things firstly show up at list are not what I'm purchased. The first thing show up is what I'm bidding and after that is my watch list. After through all the things I bid or Interested in, I can see my purchased list. It is very stupid and made me mad. The words of list name is too small too notice. At very begining I use this website, I always think that the stuff show up at the top of the page is what I'm already bought. This setting up also inconvinient with tracking package. Finding the tracking button is already waste a lot of time of mine.

9.                   How easy was it to do what you were trying to do?
The website of eBay is really messy. I understand ebay want everyone review what they are bidding and interested in before seeing what are they already bought and tracking. This action is just contemptible and bother me a lot.

10.               What would have made it easier?
I think the logical sequence of the list will be: purchases, bidding, watching list. People can track their mail at first and then check the bidding state and see the watching list. And also enlarge front size of the name of list"purchases, bidding watching list" to make the different list clear.

11.               How did your experience impact your perception of the company?
I will say this experience make me feel ebay just want to sell more things than providing first-rate service to people. They don't really care what users' feeling of that.

1 comment:

  1. I really agree with your point. eBay's interface is very confusing, and the entire home is flooded with advertising, recommendation. In addition, looking for some item in eBay is an unpleasant experience too.

    ReplyDelete